Cashmere and silk are very precious fibers that can be worn for countless years when correctly cared for. Besides items marked “Dry Clean Only,” our garments and accessories must be hand-washed with Silk and Cashmere shampoo.A rare and precious fiber, cashmere requires delicate care. When not worn, cashmere garments should be kept in sealed bags. You can further protect your garments (from moths) with S&C Cedar Balls. Garments should not be tossed, but folded carefully so as not not cause pilling and damage. It is in the nature of cashmere to pill at first however the pilling can be managed by following our washing instructions and by combing your garments with our Fabric Shaver. When used with care, cashmere will last you a lifetime...
Silk and Cashmere Washing Instructions
Silk and Cashmere recommends hand washing products that do not carry the "Dry Clean Only" instruction.
- - Add S&C shampoo to lukewarm water (30°C). 1 cap shampoo = 10 sweaters.
- - Turn your garment inside out, immerse it in the water and gently massage it without soaking it for too long.
- - Rinse thoroughly with clean cool water and do not wring or twist.
- - Smooth the garment to its original shape and let it dry naturally on a flat towel.
- - Do not hang your garment on a wire, or expose it to direct sunlight or any electrical heat source.
Note: we do not recommend the “hand wash” setting available in some washing machines.